Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gnarly Bandit?

75 miles this week.  Not quite the 80+ I was dreaming about, but hey, not too bad either.  I had a great 30 mile jaunt on Saturday, the first 28 with Jordan Hanlon.

JH and me at mile 24 or so
Then an impromptu 15 mile run on Sunday with my Dad.  Sunday was the first 3+ mile distance in the NB Minimus Trail shoes, and, as it turns out, 15 miles on pavement in those guys is too much for me, because there's a little swelling in my left knee that I'm going to monitor intently.  The current plan is to take Monday off and start dipping down in mileage.  If I put in 50 miles next week, I'll be surprised.  One day at a time...

Until April 8th anyway, because I officially registered for Zumbro!  I wanted 35 or 40 miles on Saturday, but hey, 30's alright, especially with the lack of overall training I've had so far this year.  Plus, just today the Zumbro race shirts came out, and damn do they look cool!


So here goes nothing.  I joked that I hope I survive to wear this shirt, but even if I don't, it'll look great at the funeral.  That is a fantastic logo!

And as I was running into all of this great info online, I also saw the UMTR Gnarly Bandit Race Series on John Storkamp's facebook page (incidentally, John also set the CR at Zumbro last year).  But the Gnarly Bandit Series interests me.  I was already planning on running 3 of the 5, and Kettle Moraine falls on the same weekend as the FANS 24 hour race/Minneapolis Marathon, neither of which I'm registered for or dead set on running.  But I'd have to add that AND Black Hills, which is a LOT of racing.  Zumbro first.  One step at a time.  

Mon - Off
Tue - 16 miles @ the Metrodome in 2:20
Wed - 3 miles @ Nokomis w/Alicia and the dogs in :32
Thur - 8 miles @ the Metrodome w/Dad in 1:15
Fri - 3 miles @ Nokomis w/Alicia and the dogs in :30
Sat - 30 miles around Minneapolis (28 w/JH, then home) in 4:55
Sun - 15 miles @ Nokomis, Minnehaha, and the Mississippi River w/Dad in 2:35

Total - 75 miles in 12:07

2 comments:

  1. Edward, I ran across your blog while looking at Zumbro results. I'm a little envious of your running schedule. Ragnar, Goofy and Chicago in one year. Hope to see you at fargo or grandma's and possibly sawtooth. (Sawtooth should be a forbidden word I still have nightmares of the 50 mile course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome comment, Ben! You posted this before I met you, and then we ended up spending 34+ hours together at Sawtooth! Cool.

    ReplyDelete